Disorient presents: SO GOOD
When is this?
Every Saturday at 11:30pm EST (that's NY time) - June 2020
What do I need to participate?
- A computer/tablet/phone with decent internet connection
- A web browser
- The Zoom client
- Headphones (your computer speakers will work but we recommend headphones for a better experience)
How does it work?
Use Mixcloud to listen to the DJ streaming live.
Use Zoom to engage (audio/visual) with other participants.
You need to have BOTH Zoom and Mixcloud running to get the full experience.
How do I connect to Zoom?
Meeting ID: 838 6744 5283
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,83867445283# US (New York)
+13017158592,,83867445283# US (Germantown)
1. If you don't seem to be getting the full experience restart Mixcloud, Zoom, or both. It might take a couple of restarts to make it go smoothly.
2. If you have one machine and use regular headphones connected to your built-in output set Zoom prefs as follows:
3. If you are using wireless or USB connected headphones with an integrated microphone choose those as input/output in the Zoom sound prefs (lower left next to the microphone) symbol, the little upward arrow. On you computer sound prefs panel, make sure the output is set as the same as in your Zoom sound prefs.
4. If you have 2 machines (computer and/or tablet) have Zoom on one and Mixcloud on the other. This sometimes helps.
5. If you have 2 machines, have the Zoom-dedicated one set up as described above and the other with the browser open to Mixcloud connected to your sound system BUT you will need to use a microphone integrated headphones. Be conscious of the level of your microphone sound input to communicate on Zoom. If you feel like dancing, drop the headphones, mute the mic and turn the sound up on your sound system. Make sure we can see your dance moves ;)