Welcome to Disorient
Saturday, March 20, 2010 | 10:00pm - 5:00am
Limited presale tickets available here.
Examples of GlamTech: lipgloss on RAM, LED-covered platform boots, Pornj House, geeks in shiny suits.
Over 25 artists are collaborating to create the ambiance for GLAMTECH. Here's a little taste. Performances, including dance, hoops, & flags, will start in the main space at 11:15pm. Come early!
- Victor (Psybotik, Eye Candy)
- Ocean (dance)
- Ted Brancu (hoop)
- Jewels (flags)
- GrooveHoops (hoops, of course)
- Sera Solstice (belly dance)
- Wetcircuit: A projected 2D matrix of crisp blue dots, each about 3 inches apart in both dimensions, hovers on the black background. As players dance in front of the projection, dots transform into lines resulting a visual three-dimensional effect.
- Electric Heliotrope Theater by Lorne: An immersive, interactive video installation, a personal theater and enveloping play space. Dance with your own lighted shadow that moves in time to the music, amid patterns that morph from kaleidoscopic to fractal to spiraling tapestries, all in response to your movement.
- Holographic Live Projection and DJ Set by Reality Engine: Large scale multi-layered transparent projection set
- Video projections by:
- Live Video Painting by Olivia Wilber
- Black Light Murals by:
- Body Painting by Van and Joyce Godfrey
- Main space transformation by Lowroad
- Black Light Salon & Cafe: Chill space and café serving a $5/plate menu of Polish food including vegetarian options.
And for those of us who WILL NOT STOP DANCING:
Keep grooving after GlamTech in an intimate, well-stocked Prospect Heights loft from 5 am - 12 noon. Address must be kept on the DL until GlamTech, but we've had many a fine party at Brooklyn Urban Sanctuary, including "DX", our New Year's Day afterparty.
- Miss Sabado (jackin' house, LA/NYC) > NYC underground debut! <
- The Latest Artists (minimal/tech house, live VJ, Ottawa, Canada)
- Reality Engine (progressive house & trance, live A/V act, NYC)
- Horus (psy-chill, Disorient, NYC)
PLUS! Holomagic video projections by the astounding VJ Lenkadu!
Free admission to Gemini & Scorpio's live jazz Bruncha Libre at 1pm for anyone still standing. Just pay for any food you order.
Presale TechGlam tickets here (sold in packages with GlamTech for an additional $10)
Note: TechGlam is the afterparty for GlamTech attendees. No separate tickets will be available for presale. TechGlam tickets will be sold at the door for $15.
To keep abreast of Disorient year-round, please join the Facebook group, and invite your friends:-->
Disorient is an art collective
Disorient is an open creative platform powered by love. We create art projects and art installations with hardware including wood, scaffolding, palette rack, containers, recycled materials, your body, geodesic domes, inflatable structures, video, repurposed objects, black lights and vehicles. We develop software for our installations (DMX sequencing, MAX, Java, C, etc.). Our guiding principles are outlined in the Disorient Model.
A fresh example of art collaboration at Disorient: Everyone is invited to create and share their own sequences for Volver Leo's (and Image Node's) 2009 wearable blinky using the Disorient Blinky Designer.
Disorient is a camp at Burning Man
Disorient has been a camp at Burning Man since 2001. In 2009, after a year deep in the city, Disorient returns to the Esplanade. Our Art Car Wash will buff your bumpers with a grooving daytime disco. Come play, learn and grow with us.
The Art Car Wash is an interactive zone for art cars, art car drivers, and anyone who wants to buff their bumpers. All art cars on the playa will be invited to drive through the "wash" where other playa participants will be waiting to greet them, mock "wash" their cars, and groove to the sound of daytime disco. The Art Car Wash will consist of two rows of platforms, creating a lane which art car drivers can pass through, and filled with spinning fuzzy playa versions of the washers and wipers found in a typical car wash.
Of course they won't actually be washing the cars, but participants are welcome to bring spray bottles to mist the passengers. Ater passing through the wash, drivers will be able to park and join the fun as the music plays throughout the day. Disorient will get the wash started every day, but all other playa participants are invited to play a role with towels, misters, or just themselves.
Disorient is also about sound and performance. In addition to our residents we invite DJs to play on our sound system. During the week of Burning Man, usually on Thursday, we set-up a live music stage and invite bands to perform.
When we are not on the Playa, we organize parties to raise funds for our camp and support Burning Man.
In 2009 we organized our first parties outside the US in Brazil and Argentina. As of March 2010, Disorient has over 800 members, 50% US East Coast, 25% West Coast/Central US and 25% outside the US, including members in the UK, Russia, Israel, Canada, Hong Kong, Sweden, France, Argentina, Japan and Germany. We stay connected through our discussion board: The Puddle.
<videoflash type="youtube">CBUJSTNPFRk|480|360</videoflash> <videoflash type="youtube">3Yz1MOqhmDI|480|360</videoflash>
Too Much Is Rarely Enough.